If you are interested in enrolling your child at Blue Oak for this school year, please contact the school to hear about our current openings.
To begin the enrollment process you must first attend a School Tour. Please see the Tour Schedule located on this website for more detials. Once you have fully completed a School Tour you will be given the Enrollment Packet. Once your Enrollment Packet is complete and your child has received a class placement, your child may begin attending Blue Oak School.
* If there are no current openings for the grade for which you wish to enroll, your child will be placed on this year's waiting list. A new waiting list is generated each school year.
If you are interested in enrolling your child for next school year and more students apply than there are spaces available, all students will be entered into the annual lottery. All students not accepted during the lottery process, will be placed on the waiting list for the next school year.
If you are interested in enrolling your child for Kindergarten enrollment requires the same process as described above. For the 2012-13 school year the State of California mandates that your child be at least 5 years old on or before November 1, 2012.
The lottery for the next school year is held every year in February. Applications are divided by grade level and by age groups for Kindergarten.
Kindergarten Lottery - If your child turns five years old prior to June 1,they are placed in "older" group and if your child turns five years old between June 1 and November 1, they are placed in the "younger" group, then a lottery is held for each age group separately.
Preferences for Lottery include:
- Existing students enrolled in the School;
- Siblings of existing students enrolled in the School;
- Children of school staff;
- Children and grandchildren of Charter School Board members;
- Students who reside in the McManus Elementary School attendance area; and
- Students who reside in the district.
2014-15 and thereafter